“You may not be able to control every situation and its outcome, but you can control your attitude and how you deal with it.” ~Unknown
Wow…what a spring! With the pandemic wreaking havoc physically, economically, and socially, followed by unsettling protests as America grapples with racial injustice, I think it’s safe to say we’re all glad that spring of 2020 is over!
That being said, I believe our attitude has a profound impact on our outlook and happiness. For that reason, I’m doing my best to stay positive, appreciate what I have, and adapt to new restrictions and limitations without complaining. I hope you’re adjusting and giving yourself and others grace as we navigate this strange new time.
In this spring recap, I’m sharing highlights from quarantine, including how I kept busy, what I bought recently, and a few healthy recipes.
How I kept busy during quarantine
I spent all of spring at our Scottsdale apartment (before the cases in Arizona began to surge). With the desert in bloom and perfect spring weather, I made it a priority to get outside and exercise every day.
After the first week of quarantine, I bought a bicycle. We live on the Arizona Canal, which has a 70-mile-long bike trail and connects to a number of other trails along its route, so I hit the trails first thing in the morning most days. My new bike was, hands down, one of my best purchases! If you want to see how beautiful this area is, check out the footage I took from my bike rides in the video below.
I also played a lot of tennis (with plenty of social distancing), took walks, spent time at the pool, and my husband and I had picnic dates a few times a week. As you can see in the above photo, he took part in the Covid-beard trend.
What I purchased
In May, I got the itch to start shopping again since restrictions were close to lifting. And if I’m being honest, a little retail therapy always lifts my spirits! Besides my new bike, these are my favorite recent purchases:
– Strappy sandals | My favorite sandals by far! I grabbed a second pair in Desert Nappa color before they’re gone. They don’t need any breaking in, and with a zip-up back, they’re easy on, easy off. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
– Athleta tank tops | Since I’ve been working out so much, I bought two new colors of my favorite tank top. I’m kind of obsessed with this russet brown color, and this one in mint camo almost looks more like tie-dye to me. Love the material and fit of these best-selling tanks.
Healthy recipes worth sharing
– Crispy Peanut Tofu & Cauliflower Rice Stir-fry from Minimalist Baker | This. Was. Seriously. Delicious! If you don’t like tofu, you can always substitute chicken for this yummy low-carb meal.
– Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad from The Garden Grazer | Super easy, healthy, and full of flavor, this is an easy light lunch or side dish.
– Avocado Arugula Cherry Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette by Stacey Homemaker | This healthy salad is as pretty as it is tasty.
I’d love to hear one of your spring highlights. Feel free to email me or share it in the comments below. As always, I appreciate you stopping by. Be well, and take care.
* * * * *
Some links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. When you buy through my links, it helps pay the fees to keep my site up and running – thank you for your support! 🙏