“Self Care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.” ~Katie Reed
Women, especially mothers, are notorious for taking care of everyone’s needs…except their own! Besides caring for those we love, other things constantly compete for our attention: work, other commitments, to-do lists, mundane chores, social media, and more. Let’s be honest, all of life’s demands can leave us feeling exhausted, stressed, and drained.
We all know that having a regular self-care routine is an important part of living a healthy and balanced life, but it’s something many women put on the back burner or just ignore altogether. We should all regularly and mindfully incorporate things that refuel us, rather than take from us. When we do, like the above quote says, we’re able to give our best self to others. In this post, I’ve come up with 25 simple self-care ideas. How will you prioritize yourself today or this week?
25 self-care ideas to get you started:
1. Make a date with yourself. Schedule “me time” in your calendar and prioritize it like any other appointment.
2. Do something creative: craft, paint, take photos, make a collage, etc.
3. Rewatch your favorite, feel-good movie.
4. Try an adult coloring book (This one looks fun).
5. Stay in your PJs all day.
6. Feed your curiosity by watching a TED Talk.
7. Splurge on that thing you’ve been eyeing.
8. Buy yourself flowers.
9. Go somewhere and people watch for a while.
10. Say NO! Just say no to overcommitting.
11. Declutter your workspace. A clear space = a clear mind.
12. Soak in a bubble bath. Light some candles and put on music while you’re at it.
13. Listen to a podcast or audiobook.
14. Write a list of affirmations or a gratitude list.
15. Get outside! Take a walk, have a picnic, garden, or just sit and daydream.
16. Start using a bullet journal to record your thoughts, goals, lists, daily schedule and tasks, or sketches.
17. Give yourself permission to do nothing.
18. Make a vision or mood board.
19. Sit outside and practice being in the moment.
20. Appreciate local culture at an art gallery or museum.
21. Bake your favorite treat.
22. Make a bucket list, and dream big!
23. Call your best friend.
24. Treat yourself to a spa day out or at home (check out these inexpensive spa goodies).
25. Unplug and read a book.
Remember, self-care is not a luxury, it’s a necessity! What ways do you practice self care? Please share them in the comments below. And as always, I appreciate you stopping by! ❤️
If you enjoyed reading this…
Also, if you found this post helpful, be sure to PIN it to Pinterest so you can find it later (and so others can benefit from it!).